Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Still issues.... Warning Lights come on while Driving = Traction Control, E-Brake, and CHECK BRAKES ! <<- warning lights

Ever since I stopped going to North County KIA of Escondido and started going to the KIA Weseloh dealership located in Carlsbad, I have had great service and care when I bring in my car to get serviced.  I just thought that was important to point out immediately after my horrific experience in Escondido.

New problems have arisen with my 2015 KIA Optima Hybrid and about six months after the transmission was rebuilt at around 35,000 miles.

When I am driving, despite what speed I am going, in town or on the freeway, the ! CHECK BRAKES, Traction Control and E-Brake warning lights all come on at the same time and remain on until the car is turned off.  Then the lights reset and they are no longer visible.

This has occurred over 30 times in the past six months and each time the warning lights came on when I was driving and I took numerous pictures that are dated and I took videos while I was driving to prove my claim.  Unfortunately, I was nowhere near KIA of Carlsbad, so I was unable to diagnose the problem.

Technicians need the warning lights to be on in order to determine what codes in the electrical system are going awry, so unless I was near Carlsbad, not working and I had the warning lights on then there was little chance of figuring out what was going on with the car.

A week ago the lights came on for the umpteenth time and since I was laid off a little over two weeks ago, I had no place to live other than my KIA Optima Hybrid, I finally had time to drive the car in with the warning lights on to Carlsbad to hopefully find the issue.

The issue is still occurring and I am awaiting further information, hopefully.

Also, this morning, at 5 AM, I woke up in the back of my car and it was hot as heck, so I turned on my car and turned the AC on, low setting.   About an hour later the car began flashing every warning light it had along with an insistent beeping noise, as if the driver's door was open, and it was not open.

Panic flooded over me and I turned off the car, and it would not restart.

No way.  This was the only place I had to rest my head at night.... no way it was broke down again.

I tried turning it back on and nothing.

Five minutes later it turns on and all the beeping is gone, and the only warning lights that remain are the ABS Light and the Traction Control light.

I am now waiting in the lobby of Weseloh of KIA of Carlsbad, praying for answers, praying I still have a home... a car to live in.  And to think tomorrow I might start my new job as a foreman.... lovely timing.

This car is so not worth $430 a month.


Below are pictures of a few of those warning light moments, while driving, but not from this morning unfortunately.




3 comments:

  1. Jeff - Did you figure out the fix for the "Check Brakes" warning lights? Mine 2015 Optima hybrid is doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did u find the solution my car doing the same

    ReplyDelete